Thursday, September 25, 2014

When It Rains, It Pours

1. My inspection period ends tomorrow.  That means that I have 24 hours to gather all remaining information and make a carefully crafted and financially-considerate choice about what conditions to add to the terms of the contract.  In other words, I have to negotiate with no real knowledge of how to do so in a real estate context (or any?).  This is like when I studied abroad in Morocco and was regularly gouged in the markets.  I'm just not good at it.

2. Quarterlies are next week.  That means that I need to finish writing the quarterlies, create an answer sheet, copy them (for a total of more than 1500 pages), AND finish grading all the other stuff that I haven't graded yet from the quarter (200 or so projects).  All of this on top of regular teaching duties.  Sometimes I wish some random distant relative would leave me all of their money so I could teach for the fun of it, without all the lame parts.  Of course, with my luck, that relative would have like seven dollars in the bank.

3. My internet has been acting up at school.  I would have finished the quarterlies this afternoon, except that the internet went out sometime between 2:00 and 4:30pm.  FOR THE SECOND DAY IN A ROW.  Are you thinking I should try an ethernet cord?  Well, I've had one plugged in for the last six years.  Apparently the ethernet ports in my room don't work.  So my students and I are at the mercy of the ever-variable wireless networks in the school. Awesome.

4. This blog isn't over yet.  I have loved writing these posts, but they take hours to compose.  And I just really, really want to spend one evening--just one evening--splayed out on the couch and watching a movie.  With that in mind, I borrowed two from the library last weekend and made a mental commitment to watch one before Saturday.  There has not been a single open, two-hour period in my week.

5.  I just got a new provider and a new phone.  This may seem like a super exciting thing, and learning Android is pretty fun, but what it mostly means is that I spent 2-3 hours yesterday trying to figure out how it works and how to transfer all of the information from my old iPhone.  I'm still working on that.

6. I just remembered that I still need to register for an online account for my new cell plan.  #onemorething

7. I'm going out of town next weekend for a volleyball tournament in Florida.  This is simultaneously AMAZING and worry-inducing, considering my experience there in April and the fact that it falls on the last two days of the quarter, respectively.  But the end of the quarter is just going to have to suck it because NOTHING is going to get in the way of my having a good time on this trip.  With all that's been going on lately, I feel like I deserve it.

Of course, it better not rain.

Lazy River?  Yes, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment